Friday, November 25, 2011

Fridays Up Date

With the tempature sitting around the 30 plus I'm glad I am an Autopot grower otherwise I would have to spend all my day watering if I was going to have anything left alive at the end of day.
So whats happening in my back yard?
As I like to keep a variety of things growing so people can get a good idea of what they can be achieving themself, plus I need to keep my display young enough to be able to shift it in the Mobile unit.
Most thing are to big within a couple of weeks to take, but its good to have plenty on show when people come around which is what I encourage.
School Walkway
Some time back you would have read about me installing a Smart pump at one of the local schools to feed 18 hanging baskets along a walk way to their new assembly hall, A couple of weeks back I did a replant with a Purple Craze Petunia and they are now look amazing, see for your self and the best part is they don't have to do a single thing its totally self managed.
Loving the sun

What a way to start your day with a walk along this path to assembly
Check out this progress with the 4 week lettuce trial, as I have always thought Green Mignonette would be the best for the trial but as you know I have tried 2 others so far and have been very disappointed, but look at this at 14 days they could be on target so far.

Green Mignonette 14 days in drinking cups
Though the weather has been very hot my capsicum are still producing even though they are showing a little wilt. The purple has been a stronger plant and has good shape fruit.

Purple & Yellow Capsicum 
Here is my second planting of the black Russian Tomato I had to destroy my last one as it got some sort of bug but these are off to a flying start, I also have them in a different location. They have great big flowers compared to my other Tomatoes

Black Russian

Hybrid Cucumber

My Hybrid cucumber is enjoying this weather, this variety has only female flowers therefor every flower turns into a fruit if you enlarge this photo by clicking on it you will see its covered in cucumbers 

Hybrid 101
This Tomato I am realy interested in it is a hybrid medium size fruit developed for hydroponics, I have growen it from seed and so far its doing well. The one next to it is my favorite Pink Pearl.

Tomato No Mess & Burks Backyard Italian Tomato
These are another couple of interesting plantings I will be interested in how they do and will as always keep you informed. The Burks backyard variety is a squat looking plant so far it will be interesting to see how it cops in this system.

No comments:

Post a Comment