Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The 4 week Lettuce update



Well my second test with growing lettuce a different way has reached the 4 week time frame that I have allowed. This test was with butter head lettuce a little better than the iceberg but still not up to the normal standard in fact it is now getting to hot with temperatures over the 25 which has lettuce bolting to seed so I may be pushing my luck to complete the next cycle which is now with Green Mignonette which is my favorite lettuce and most consistent, it will be interesting to see how this goes they are planted straight from the punnet and topped up with 50/50 Per lite mix.


Butter head at 4 weeks stage.


Not happy with this lot

                              
                                       Green Mignonette at start of 4 week trial

No comments:

Post a Comment