Thursday, May 10, 2012



A New Medium Test.


Picked up a few Coir- Peat Bricks at half price so thought I would try it out I like the idea of bulking up my quality organic soil, plus its another experiment.
This time I have use it to plant a replacement Tomato a new one that I have not grown before call Tommy Toe, I will be interested to see how it goes compared to my Pink Pearl that I love so much.
My mix is first 5ml 50/50 Mix which I call my wick, then about a 50 /50 Coir- Peat and Organic Soil mix for the rest.
We will follow with interest.

Tommy Toe in Coir- Peat Mix
Have a few Sweet potato cuttings coming along, these are the Purple skinned variety with the white flesh the (Kumera) I on grow these in what I call my waist product, which is the medium that I have used once in the Autopot system, I put it into large cheap soft pots with holes in, and just hand water with the occasional feed.

Sweet Potato cuttings in container with a little rock wool for support .

This is how things are growing at the moment.



Savoy Cabbage

Broccoli

Brussels Sprouts
I have mentioned the Darwin Lettuce before and the more I grow it, the more I like it, and the other one called Salad Bowl Green which has a red tinge. These are picking lettuces and they are just wonderful for sandwhiches or a fresh roll, they just keep growing and are slow to boult.

Darwin and Salad Bowl Green lettuce.









No comments:

Post a Comment