Friday, May 25, 2012


GOING NUTS.


Some time back I mentioned I had planted a peanut and it has been a most interesting plant to watch grow.
Now the time has come to harvest and I am pleased to say we have plenty of nuts, I have them drying while still attached to the plant they suggest that this is the best way to dry them.

Peanuts Drying

Following the Sun.

Now that the days are shorter and the sun has lowered in the sky like most places you start to get a few shadier spots and of course with conventional gardening you are stuck with that until the season comes around. Well let me just show you how to take control of your lighting and sun requirements for the home garden.


Hydro Wall Garden
Here you can see I have moved my Hydro Wall Garden on to the fence facing the morning sun there is a collection of things growing lettuce,herbs, Giant pansy and in the bigger hydro tray I have sweet peas and cascading Pansy's totally independent to all my other systems in fact I have a few other thing out on the fence getting maximum light and Sun as you can see.


Wall Garden , egg plant, Mint, Ginger, Strawberry's, Malabar Spinach.


Snow peas
In the grow tunnel lots of things are racing along with this cooler weather example here is the snow peas growing in an Autopot hanging basket.


No comments:

Post a Comment