Thursday, December 29, 2011

December round up & Goodbye 2011

Well what an interesting year the weather has defiantly created some challenges in the garden, but if nothing else it has made me more aware of the importance of being able to manages the variations and extremes. To me it even enhances the benefits of growing with the Autopot system.
Back when I first moved to the Bay I battled with trying to have a garden, poor soil, scorching heat meant all my time was spent at the end of a garden hose trying to keep things alive, now I feed more than one home and have so much fun doing it not to mention the number of people I have been fortunate to meet while promoting this great product.
Over the year I have experimented with a few varieties as well as a few mediums one of the big changes I have made is I have stopped using the Searls Premium potting mix in favour of an organic soil produced by Osmicoat it is a Superior product and the seedling just bound with it. I just feel it goes well with our Nutrient and does not have the high content of wood fiber that is in most potting mixes, this is just a personal opinion I know you all have your own ideas but I just try to share as much info as possible based on trials carried out under real growing conditions in our climate. I also use My Perlight and Vermiculite 50 / 50 mix.
I am about to trial Clay balls in the next few weeks as well as growing in Scoria.

Here is a look at what is growing at the moment.
Black Russian Tomato's Loaded down with fruit

Hybrid burp less  Cucumber

Darwin Lettuce ready to move to window box unit

Purple capsicum second flush

Celery thriving in the system

A nice herb selection

Acorn leaf lettuce, Silver beat and many more fresh delights

Beet root my second crop

A beautiful double petunia just starting to develop

Sunny the sunflower 

No comments:

Post a Comment