Sunday, September 25, 2011

September update

With the month almost gone I thought I would give you an up date on some of the plantings.
Purple carrots experiment
Well this is an interesting one remember I had 2 different medium mixes  one with half river sand and half Per lite /Vermiculite mix the other half river sand and half potting mix,
Well as you can see the Per lite mix is well ahead of the soil one that's them in the top of the picture no deaths in the transplant and definitely stronger.

My Black Russian Tomato
This Tomato is looking very good so fare the test will be the fruit.

Hybrid Cucumber
Remember my little seedling that I started in a rock wool cube, well take a look at it now!
with ever flower a female flower you can see its covered in fruit this plant is unbelievable


This is Rossy and her mate who always help me in the garden
Not only do I enjoy working with this incredible growing system but I am able to share on a daily bases with other friends that appreciate this planet how lucky am I.
Bossy Boots rules over all even the bigger sulphur crested cockatoos

Mr Brown second in comand never squaks just sits and waits for food
most unusual for a sulpher crested, mote the brown front.

zucchini's producing very heavily and that's a spray on them not mildew


Ice berg lettuce experiment



This lettuce experiment should have been using the green Mignonette so I could compare growing time with my normal system but I picked up the wrong plants by mistake and did not notice until I had planted then so anyway decided to leave as is and see what happens.

Rhubarb

I am offen asked about growing Rhubarb and as I have mentioned before this is not the best climate, but never the less this is whats happening in my 12 inch single hydrotray. I have it on the ground and under my growing bench to keep it as cool as possible.
My Favorite Pink Pearl covered in Tomatoes as usual, sorry about the photo.

Rock melon in tub.

Sweet potato in tub of rcycled medium
I have used a couple of cheap plastic tubs for these but I should be using the single 12" but at $5 bucks at the reject shop with a few holes in them they are good value I will feed by hand when I mix each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment