Friday, September 16, 2011

Another New experiment

Just to prove how incredibly versatile this System is I am carrying out another experiment for you to follow.
This time I am using the MK2 12" Single Hydro Tray (injection Moulded)  This is a little different to the normal 12" Lighter in weight and a simpler design.

MK2 12" Single Hydro tray


What I want to do is duplicate what I spotted in a picture of lettuce growing on a rooftop in Malaysia I had notice that there was multiple plantings in a pot so here is my version.
Now I had a choice of using any medium from Per lite Mix to Potting mix but as I said to show you just how incredible this system is I am using no medium.


My lid to suspend the cups
I used an old plastic pot tray and cut 3 holes in it to take the drink cups, I used a bamboo stick wired to suspend the lid.

disposable drink cups 
hole drilled into the bottom of the drink cups, If I was to do this on a larger scale I would use a punch to make the holes it would be neater

Cups suspended in place

I am using Ice berg Lettuce tis time by mistake not sure how it will go.
I wash the roots clean and placed one in each cup for this experiment. If I had another Hydro tray I would have planted one straight from the punnet and left the soil on to compare. Why I did this was I want to see how it looks when I harvest I should be able to lift straight out and take to the kitchen.
Next Morning and looking good
WE will follow with interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment