Friday, July 22, 2011

Simple Tunnel House

After seeing how much the plants appreciated the cover I put over the frame work I decided to work on putting together a structure utilizing the clear tarp the I talked about in my last update. I also wanted to  utilized all the existing timber so their was no wastage. I had another win, one of my Grower Group members dropped off a length of Aluminum pool fencing that was heading for the dump, I had mention that they make great shelving if you add some legs, Thanks. I have cut it into 3 length and now I have a tidy grow bench space.
I mentioned that the clear tarp which comes with eyelets etc was very durable and a great product well when I brought mine it cost $33.00 I checked yesterday and they have jumped up to $38 .75  I guess they have prover popular.
Construction is simple 2" rural irrigation poly pipe,  small star pickets, 3x4 meter Clear tarp, angle brackets to slip pipe onto, and a bunch of cable ties.
I have since worked up a plan for a full tunnel house with a ridge ventilation along the top.
I will attach my white 50% cloth when the summer heat arrives. I have left the ends open but can easily cover in.
See what you think but I am pleased with it and may replace my other covered space that I grow my Tomatoes in with the same structure and I would utilize the wire mesh to make a stronger support for my overhead tomato vines.


My new house

Before setting up the benches

Room for everything

No comments:

Post a Comment