Friday, July 22, 2011

Important Orchid update

Back on the 30th of June I talked about my Orchid that I had planted into the OKID POT or Smart pot.
As you are probable aware by looking at the picture what I have is a CYMBIDIUM ORCHID and I have since gained some very valuable information that I must share with all, this comes from the Inventor of the Smart Pot who is a very advert Orchid Grower, I will print the information as it was sent to me so it stays the same.

Autopot is excellent for orchid growing including Cymbidium
-          Smartpot is less suited for Cymbidium as compared to Phalaenopsis

-          This is because Smartpot (or at times we call it Okid pot) is designed strictly for under cover use including indoors where you would not receive any excess water or spillage of water from the pot.

-          Hence the smartpot has no drainage holes

Cymbidium will grow very well in the smart pot except that it must be outside
-          But this orchid is best positioned in an area outside often exposed to rain.

-          In this case, you would need an Autopot that allows drainage.

-          For that reason, Autopot hanging basket is recommended and not the Smart-pot



Cymbidium Orchid in Smart Pot
So you see this is important information regarding Orchids which I did not know at the time, never the less it was all I could get  and you will be pleased to know it is doing very well so far but I will shift it into a hanging basket and get it outside in the near future and replant the Smart pot with a Phalaenopsis when I can get my hands on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment