Monday, July 4, 2011

Re potting

One of my Hanging Basket had come to the end of it flowering, I know I could have trimmed it and got a second flowering but I need to keep them fresh for my Mobile display.
What did amaze me was the root structure and how it had forced it's way into every nook and cranny.
So I have captured it so you can see, the lesson is when re potting a hanging basket take the time to unscrew the base and clean out the Smart - Valve area to make sure you get trouble free growing.
This particular basket I used Perlite in the bottom cavity but with the new planting I have used rock wool it will be interesting to see if there is a difference.
You can see how the roots force there way through.

Cleaned out ready to assemble

Rock wool in the base then the potting mix.
I have also replanted one of my Hydrotrays with Pansy and Lobelia, there are some stunning Pansy's available these days and I love their happy faces. I am thinking of putting the whole thing into a wooden planter I think that would look great.
Pansy and Lobilia

No comments:

Post a Comment