Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A new addition to the garden

I thought I would celebrate the first day of winter by adding a fruit tree to my Autopot Hydro Garden.
I decided on a Dwarf Maderin and its planted in a single tray 12inch Hydro pot. I have about 10 mil of Per lite Mix on the bottom and I also added a little general slow release fertilizer just to support the roots on there way down to the supply base. I will keep you updated on its progress remember the 1st of June was plant day. This big 12 inch single hydrotray opens up a lot of great possibilities in growing Dwarf fruit trees in limited space areas or people that rent or plan to shift, very easy to take with you.
Mandarin
It is just hook up to my general supply line and not getting any special treatment.

Just for the record I have included what I use to feed my garden.
To reduce freight cost I buy Powered Nutrients and mix as follows 1 kg of A to 10 Lt's of water and the same with the 1Kg of B I now have 2x 10 liters of concentrate that will last me over six months at a normal rate of 5ml of A & B per liter of water in my tanks, in the hot weather I might run ever second refill on just straight water as it is mostly evaporation that is being used up and not nutrient.
A new mixed batch ready for usage.


And this is a sample of what you end up with.
Bok Choy

My Favourite Tomato's

No comments:

Post a Comment