Sunday, March 20, 2011

New additions

Managed to get my hands on a couple of Thji Green Ginger plants though they where a little pot bound I am hoping they will respond to being re-planted into a 10inch Hydrotray and enjoy the constant Nutrient supply of the Autopot system.

The more home work I do on this plant species which there are 1400 varieties the more I believe it is ideal for the Autopot growing system so we will follow with interest.
Zingiber Officinale Thji Green Ginger
I have also finally added some flowering plants to my examples, Petunia pink craze this is the variety that you see in the Autopot web site there is a purple one as well. I planted this up at a recent workshop on the 17th of March. I will add updates so you can see the growth as it happens.
Petunia Pink Craze

I mentioned how I had to improve the light  for the Tomato's well they have responded just great with flowers all over, that was a good lesson learnt see for your self.



Had to replace the cucumbers as they did not like the chop back I had to give them, they are now well away from the tomatoes so should be OK this time.


New Cucumbers
I also have a few herbs as well as  Butternut Pumpkin growing just in pots not connected to the system but what I do is feed them manually with the nutrient mix each time I top up and they are doing well as you can see.
Mint
Parsley and Chives


Butternut Pumpkin

Another new planting is my Rhubarb I have now replanted it into a 12inch hydrotrayand used 2 roots only. I love Rhubarb and am looking forward to it thriving in the Autopot system as it need to be well feed.

Rhubarb racing away
Here are a few more delights that we enjoy with the Autopot growing system.

Zucchini

French & Butter Beans

Brussels Sprouts & Broccoli

Cabbage

Rainbow beet & Baby Spinach

Lettuce



Asian Mix Lettuce

Snow Peas

Capsicums








No comments:

Post a Comment