Sunday, March 13, 2011

A lesson learnt

A couple of post back I mentioned about plants getting enough light well as my cucumbers took over the canopy with there vigour's growth it became obvious that my Tomatoes where starting to suffer and to top it all off I had used a 40% Green Shade Cloth as I had been advised by someone who should no better. So drastic measures had to be be the order of the day. All the shade cloth was removed and the Cucumbers under went a severe cut back to let in the light and the results are incredible almost immediately the Tomatoes are on the mend with fruit starting to set properly I will probable have to replace the cucumbers if they continue to sulk but it was well worth the lesson, next time I will plant them at the opposite end of the shelter so they don't effect the tomatoes. I already have there replacement coming along in a 150mm pot.
The new plantings of veggies  that are now all outside are as happy as a pig in mud and the snow peas are forming all ready.

Out in the rain and loving it.
Tomatoes now with plenty of good light

 Snow Peas just hanging about.

No comments:

Post a Comment