Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Let's take a Coffee break.

I want to share something that I find rather interesting,  I came across at the localmarkets an enterprising couple that have a product called Ground up Soil Mixes whereby they collect all the used coffee beanz (UCB)  under the name of  Been Beanz Services. They turn this into 2 products and one I liked the look of as it felt very light and well airated.
Lovely to handle.
They could see I was interested so at the end of the day they brought me what they had on display so I could try it out and report back on it, so I have planted up a window box today with 3 pots with the coffee mix and one pot with a herb and veggie potting mix as a control.

Lets see what happens

Like most potting mixes today the herb & veggie mix has a lot of wood in it where as the beanz mix is very pliable and lovely to handle so we will watch with interest and keep you informed.





No comments:

Post a Comment