Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Step 2 of current experiment
10 days ago I mentioned I was going to start my Cauliflower and Cabbage plants off in the 6" Window Box pots, then move them onto the 10" Hydrotray, The idea is to shorten up the grow cycle by giving them max support at the early stage.
Cauliflower 
Well today I moved the 2 strongest plants on, noted that there was very well developed roots in fact you can see them protruding through the bottom of the pot even with the root mat, let me show you what I have done Yes I am using quality potting soil and have my Perlite / vermiculite 50/50 Mix in the bottom of each pot I call it my wick.
Sugar loaf Cabbage
As you can see they are starting to get a little big for the 6" pot.

You can seethe roots showing
naturally you need to be careful transferring these plants as you don't want to disturb them in any way, note I have a hole large enough to take the entire pot so no disruption.

Cabbage & Cauliflower
Here you can see the finished transplants, the other 2 plant in the window box I have joined up into one and will give them a few more days before moving them onto a Hydrotray.


No comments:

Post a Comment