Monday, March 12, 2012

Something different


One of the exciting things of running a grower group is the little snippets of information that I get sent or photos of plants thriving in this system that I personally have not grown.
Some of our growers push the boundary's which is great I love it. here is a couple of photos I want to share from one of our growers who is well on the way of being self sufficient with and extensive variety of plants I just want to show you one that you may not have thought of.


Dwarf Mulberry 

Mulberry fruiting in first year
These trees are in a Perlight /Vermiculite 50/50 Mix in 12" Single Hydrotrays.
There is no limit to what you can grow with this system here are a couple of new things that I have

Peanuts
If you look closely you can see the the long stems dropping down to the ground the peanuts will develop down in the ground, quite a fascinating plant.

A Yellow Tomato Variety

Strawberry's in Perlite Mix
I have not grown Strawberry's before because I have a wonderful Strawberry farmer just down the road but he's gone on holiday so no second crop so this is a new experience with the system.



My Malabar Spinach


My beautiful Sunflower packed with seeds






No comments:

Post a Comment